07 March 2009

cake

feeling a bit nuts. i just ate a giant bowl of popcorn for dinner. i am turning into my mother. if i start talking about decorative painting or buying miniature dogs please stop me. pleeeeease.

so, today marked a milestone. i've been to europe, ran a marathon, graduated from college, gotten married, lived in another country and now i saw someone get shot. not really, but close enough. at least it wasn't me.

i was heading for the door at villiage thrift i heard a thud sound and then gasps. i didn't see anything outside, but the other ladies nearer to the door assured me that someone has just been shot. i called 911 and tried to give them the address but no one would tell me the street number. by then the store manager had also made a call, but they would not let me off the line without a complete address so i bounced from person to person around me asking for the street number and no one could tell me. this made me frustrated. then i went to the entrance to see if the address was printed on the front door and instead saw the man who had been shot.. someone was asking him why the other shot him or if he knew who did it. he shook his head no and kept pacing back and forth slowly and dripping blood on the sidewalk. he looked dazed. then someone told me the address. then i started crying and couldn't spell my name out for the operator. then i had to leave.

in happier news, a sweet shop opened up in the neighborhood and there's been a duo playing sweet tunes out front all afernoon.


here are some photos of sweets:








1. i made this chocolate cakes w. cream cheese frosting for mom's birthday in 2006. i think.

2. alicia helping ice peter's carrot cake with blue creamcheese frosting. 2006 again. i think

3. chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting [again] and blue coconut + mini cupcakes. 2007

4. rachie's birthday cake.. back in MI wooo!

5. my quarter century cupcakes. amy sedaris's white cake dyed blue w. green cream cheese frosting and twizler pull-and-peel decorations. these made val throw up. sorry val. 2007

6. abby made me an extra special christmas sugar cookie with my name on it. sweet! 2007

7. petey's birthday carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and rainbow candles. 2009

fuck this cake.

No comments: