15 November 2007

preparations

it is finally feeling like november in lansing. today was windy, rainy, snowy and hailing at times. the shift in weather only means it's getting closer to the new year and good changes, so i don't mind it at all. i have a lot to keep me busy in the coming weeks.

so far this week at work has been comforting and reflective. my boss let all of our clients know about the shuffling of accounts due to my departure. thankfully all conversations went well and my last month at FAITH looks like smooth sailing. it was very affirming to hear praise from people i have worked very closely with for the past three years. even though i have been fantasizing about leaving behind [everything in] lansing, it was surprising difficult to hand over work to lynne. i have been with my accounts since their inception, so it felt like leaving my first born with a babysitter.. very unsettling. i need a life.

right now i am preparing for a throwback [to 1995] slumber party. since i left work i've made amy sedaris's vanilla cupcakes, a double batch of laurie's hummus and rolled way too many pigs in a blanket. hopefully we we all be well fed and equally intoxicated. i am very excited to have my favorite girls [that live in mich.] all in the same place.

also, i am very proud to announce that last night i made my first successful call to the UK. it was more difficult that it sounds, but very rewarding.

No comments: