18 November 2007

quarter century celebration

on saturday i turned 25. on sunday i drove from lansing to ann arbor, from ann arbor to lansing, from lansing to auburn hills and from auburn hills to lansing with an expired license. right now i am watching art in the twenty-first century on pbs and snuggling with henry dog. it has been an alright weekend.

the sleepover [on friday] went very well. per usual, everyone was at least on hour later than expected, johans got lost and val brought two bottles of wine, a fifth of southern comfort and another of castillo. most of the night was spent having general girl talk and getting just drunk enough to completely forget the slumber party activities i had found through my google searches. we did remember to make personalized night gowns [xl men's t-shirts] using puff paint, sparkles and rhine stones. johana is shown here, modeling her creation.

saturday morning we took the mini van to theos on the east side. we had a very yummy diner breakfast and our waitress gave me free birthday coffee. she was sassy. after breakfast i w
as able to empty out quite a few things from my apartment. it was like a friends-only estate sale. although it was very necessary and convenient, i felt a little apprehensive about giving up my bison mug or my macramé hanging houseplant holder. i did received a few excellent presents.. money.. flowers from my petey.. and a bottle of homemade cherry bounce form abby. this will help me forget about the dismemberment of my apartment when things get rough. thank you, abby.


No comments: